Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It Lives…


My Cartoonstitute™ storyboard pitch was today.

I stood before a Crush or Clobber or whatever the collective term for Development Executive is and pitched my short, The Sloppy Seconds, without once having to summon my mastery of jazz hands. I got a lot of laughs, which seemed to coincide with the jokes and gags in the board and not from my haircut or anything, so that was good.

The verdict? I got a solid Non-No, which means I haven't been cleared to go straight into production yet, but I also haven't been shut down. I've also apparently broken a short streak of flat-out "No's", so I'll take that as a positive.

Thanks to everyone who crossed their fingers for me and a special shout-out goes to the guy who sacrificed the chicken. I do appreciate it.

5 comments:

anthony said...

You are on your way!

How many of these pitches have you done? I am not liking the catchers.

anthony said...

And furthermore..."Sloppy Seconds?" You have brass ones, my friend.

greg said...

This was the first pitch to get optioned, and to go as far as the storyboard stage.

I had a backup title ready - just in case - but "Sloppy Seconds" was, erm, recieved warmly.

Anonymous said...

"The Cartoonstitute will create an unprecedented swift development track
for animated pilots"


dude, a "maybe" is not the swift track to anything. best of luck, but don't hold your breath.

greg said...

Hi Mom! Love you, too!